Sharing is Living

so here, you'll find my faves and recommendations,
on things, places, books, food, websites, softwares, and much more! =)

Sharing is Living random header image

How does the economy work? Explained in a comic form!

February 23rd, 2008 · 7 Comments

How I found this: Ron Paul -> Ron Paul Forums -> Peter Schiff -> Irwin Schiff

I have never heard of Irwin Schiff before, but he’s amazing! This comic about the economy taught me about how the economy really works, more than the 4 years I spent in college (not the fact that I’m proud of).

This would be a good primer to Austrian economics, as opposed to the Keynesian economics that we’ve all been spoonfed in schools, college and TVs. Well, that’s about to change.

This comic is legally free, but you can buy it in Amazon. Right now, the site doesn’t have a “next” button for the comics, so you’ll have to keep on going back to the homepage before going to the next page (you’ll see what I mean). However!! Don’t let that hassle stop you. Get a download manager, and get them all in few clicks. I’ll post them in a nice format later.

Read this comic, and be entertained while being educated.

ecnomy.jpg

Tags: Web Sites

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 ronpaul2008 // Apr 3, 2008 at 10:58 pm

i loved this comic. thank you so much for posting it. i sent it around.

• 2 tony leo selvaraj // Oct 6, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for sharing!! This is really helpful!!

God bless!

tony

• 3 Rahul // Aug 19, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Thanks for sharing. Now, I finally have some idea about how the economy works!

• 4 KN // Oct 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm

The comic made it easy to understand, do you know of similar comics? thanks

• 5 jamie star // Oct 19, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Lol this was tew funni I would have llove to see the comic thought typeing over tha phone soooo.

• 6 sexy socks // Dec 6, 2011 at 4:52 am

this is so so funnny lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 7 Mist // Nov 14, 2012 at 8:14 am

Hmm. This comic keeps leaving out what happens to the people who can’t be productive. For instance, Molly Mental-Illness born with a genetic instability. Or Bobby Brokeleg, who worked at the waterworks, but slipped and fell in the regular course of work. Or Crystal Cancercell, who discovers one day that she’s got an illness that can only be treated by services that are out of her price range. She purchased insurance, but was told that these services were only covered up to a small amount.

I get the gist of it. I actually learned something about capital and banking, so it was informative. But I’d like to know precisely:

What happens to the people who for some reason (either misfortune or their own mistake) can’t work, therefore can’t afford food or shelter?